Pittsburgh city is located at the confluence of the 3 rivers- the Allegheny, the Monongahela and the Ohio River in the state of Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh city has more than 300 steel related businesses and hence it is known as “the Steel city” and it has 446 bridges and thus also known as the “City of Bridges”.
Places to visit-
- Carnegie Museum of Natural History- It is a landmark museum in Oakland neighbourhood of Pittsburgh. It is a Geological museum exhibiting bones of Dinosaurs and the impact of humans on our ecosystem.
- Carnegie Museum of art- The museum displays an explicit collection of contemporary art including many films and videos and also exhibitions showcasing the “Old Masters of Tomorrow”.
- Carnegie Science Centre- It is a knowledgeable as well as fun place for kids having a planetarium, science related exhibitions and live shows.
- Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens- It is the city’s historic landmark set in Schenley Park to educate and entertain the people.
- Andy Warhol Museum- It has 900 paintings in 17 galleries displaying the collection of art of Pittsburgh-born pop art icon Andy Warhol.
- Mount Washington- It is an open air restaurant in the Mount Washington neighbourhood of Pittsburgh known for its panoramic view of the city and unique vantage points of Pittsburgh’s breathtaking skyline.
- Heinz Field Football Stadium
- PNC Park Baseball Stadium
Places to stay-
- Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown- It offers a sophisticated and comfortable stay with 2 lounges, an indoor pool and a restaurant serving American cuisine.
- The Westin Convention Centre, Pittsburgh- It offers free Wi-Fi, an indoor pool and a fitness centre for a healthy vacation.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Pittsburgh- It is a riverside hotel which serves free hot breakfast. It also has an indoor pool and a gym for all their guests.
- Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Downtown- It offers 2 restaurants and a bar and also a well equipped fitness center.